5.3 Management starts with analysing problem behaviour
Analysing problem behaviour checklist
- When does it occur?
- Where does it occur?
- Who does the behaviour occur with?
- Does it start suddenly or build up gradually?
- How long does it last?
- What is the history of the problem?
- What solutions have been tried in the past?
- How are people reacting?
Other factors to consider when analysing problem behaviour
- Physical factors ie: excess noise, overcrowding, appropriateness of house or room.
- Are they treated with respect?
- Are they part of the decision making process/do they have choices?
- Are they able to communicate effectively?
- Will they benefit from being taught coping skills ie: relaxation etc